Friday, June 14, 2013

The Long Winding Road

People dream of winning the lottery or retiring early , I dream of traveling the States . I would love to spend the summer traveling in an R.V. enjoying the beautiful scenery . My traveling companion ? My mom .

My mom is the perfect person to take traveling . She comes prepared with a basket of goodies in case one gets thirsty or hungry , ready to pull out that sandwich or pour that cup of coffee . It makes no difference if it's only an overnighter , she still carries enough luggage for a weeks stay .

You want to read a magazine ? She readily pulls out the latest issue of a Polish magazine translating if needed . Your button fell off ? It's raining ? A toll suddenly appears ? Don't worry , mom has everything you need right in that luggage .

I love taking her on trips because her attitude is always cheerful , even when we get lost . As long as we have gas in the car and there is a stretch of road in front of us  , what does it matter  ? She gets to spend time with her daughter . Who wouldn't love that kind of positive energy with them ?

She keeps us entertained with stories of the past , never running out of things to say . When you start getting a little tired and need to pull over for a quick rest , she faithfully watches over you while you nap .

This Sunday is Father's Day and  even though I've restored my relationship with father , it's always been my mom who has been there for me . I hope I have the opportunity to take a road trip with her across the states . Happy Father's Day Mom ! I love you .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...