Friday, June 7, 2013

A Friendly Conversation

Whenever I have  a chemotherapy session at the clinic , I get many offers from friends to come along . People care and it's very evident in their actions and their words .

The truth is I like going alone . I think of it as my alone time , almost like a spa treatment . I bring with me my bag of goodies  and entertainment items . Sometimes after a particularly difficult week at work , I look forward to my chemo .

Having cancer for six years now  is actually an advantage , because I have gone through so much that I feel completely at ease with my situation . We have become friends .

The day itself is really spent visiting my friends . My doctor and nurses are awesome and we play catch up with each other's lives . My doctor measures my progress on whether I crochet or not . Yes , I'm known for my crocheting and that seems to be the topic when I'm there . Everyone keeps popping in asking , " What are you working on now ? "

So what is the plan regarding my treatment ? Well , we will finish the last one in three weeks and have another Petscan done to see what is happening inside . Then we can decide what to do next based on the results .

Honestly , I don't really care . It makes no difference to me either way . I have made peace with my diagnosis a long time ago . I want to enjoy whatever time I have here on earth . I also made a decision to keep working as long as I can . I am very tired , but I have no small children or husband to take care of , so it's all workable .

For now , I just want to keep on living ! Have a Blessed day everyone .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...