Monday, November 26, 2018

The YouTube Channel

                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                   everyday is a journey.






Believ'st thou in eternal things?
    Thou knowest, in thy inmost heart,
  Thou art not clay; thy soul hath wings,
    And what thou seest is but part.
  Make this thy med'cine for the smart
    Of every day's distress; be dumb,
  In each new loss thou truly art
    Tasting the power of things that come.
T. W. Parsons

As all of you know, I have started a YouTube Channel. Now, I have a lot to learn. In order to do just that, I have begun researching other cancer channels on YouTube. Well, I have to admit that I am deeply disappointed.

First of all, there really aren't that many. The majority of them are breast cancers and I've only found one ovarian, but she hasn't posted in over a year so I am not sure what is happening there. The others are advertising cures for cancer. I've watched one vlog after another of people trying alternative medicines like raw eating, dieting, herbal teas etc. Why are people still believing that these are cures for cancer? Over surgery? Over chemotherapy? Over radiation?

Disappointing! Misinformed! Misguided! These people are out there having other people die by sharing these silly notions of cures for cancer. One woman drank lemon juice every day, because she has read somewhere it cures cancer. I am so devastated by these vlogs. True information just isn't out there. 

I keep thinking of this one person who opted for alternative treatment and refused chemotherapy/radiation. Well, she lived four years, all in treatment and then she died. When she realized that she needed chemo and radiation, it was too late. A young woman of 36 was dead by the age of 40, because she believed that garbage out there. 

How do we get women out there to understand the importance of real medical care? Cancer is so powerful that it needs something else that is even more powerful and damaging as chemo to kill it. Not drinking twig tea! It frustrates me beyond reason, because not too long ago I was asked by a woman if chemo is really the answer. please, please do not play with your life. Get medical treatment! Period. That's all I have to say.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...