Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Six Year Plan: No Tiny House

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.






So frail is the youth and beauty of men,
Though they bloom and look gay like the rose;
But all our fond cares to preserve them is vain,
Time kills them as fast as he goes.
Then I'll not be proud of my youth nor my beauty,
Since both of them wither and fade;
But gain a good name by well doing my duty;
For this will scent like the rose when I'm dead.
--Isaac Watts.

If you have been following my blog, you know how much I love Tiny Houses. It is from that love that living simply has erupted into a lifestyle for me, even though I am not yet living it completely the way I may want to. When this plan came into being, my first thought happened to a THOW, but I also researched other types of homes like an Rv or a cabin. 

After much consideration, I have decided to eliminate the Tiny House from my list of possible homes for me. This has not been easy, because of my love of them. I still would love to tour one or at least stay in one for a weekend or an overnight stay.

So what made me decide? Well, it's just impossible for me to do everything I want to carry on doing into my retirement living in a Tiny House. I may retire from the workforce, but I am not retiring from my activities. I still plan on writing/blogging, probably even on a bigger scale. The same thing with my group. Although, I would like to visit some of these ladies in person and spend time with them. I even thought of leading a women's bible study. 

I know I can still do all of that in a Tiny House. The bible study can take place elsewhere or during the Summer where we can sit outside. It's the Ministry work that has caused this hiccup in the plans. In the five years that the Ministry has been operating, it really has expanded. Even though, I had way many more ladies back in the beginning than what I do now, the amount of goods that are being donated is actually more. 

That may sound crazy, but it's true. The other ladies back then were really training or learning the trade. Once they were taught, majority of them left or it was just a Season in their lives. Between Bridgette, Mary and myself, we are die hard crocheters and spend majority of our time with a hook in our hand. Therefore, we produce a lot more than in the beginning. 

Another thing that has changed is the amount of donations that come into the Ministry. It is no longer just the yarn, but material and other crafting supplies. The average yarn contributor would donate a couple of skeins of yarn, but this year alone, that has changed to several bins or boxes. There is just no way that I can find a place for all the supplies that I use for the Crocheting Ministry. In my room, a whole wall is dedicated to just the Ministry. There are boxes filled with yarn, material and all sorts of supplies. There is also a stack of broken down boxes that I need to ship out the donations in. Plus, another stack of finished items ready for donations to charities. 

It's just not possible. I can do without many things, but I need these things to run my Ministry. As much as I hate to face this reality, it cannot work for me. Have to find something else.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...