Saturday, November 24, 2018

Project 2019

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.



His was the heart that overmuch
In human goodness puts its trust,
And his the keen, satiric touch
That shrivels falsehood into dust.
Fierce for the right, he bore his part
In strife with many a valiant foe;
But laughter winged his polished dart,
And kindness tempered every blow.

Every year, I try to have a set of goals that I need to work on. I haven't done resolutions for decades, because we set such unrealistic plans for ourselves that we are doomed to fail. Goals are a bit different. Goals aren't made flippantly, goals are really our dreams. 

My first project for 2019 includes my workplace. A new company needs a new attitude employee. This will be my new beginning and I will embrace it wholeheartedly. I also plan on working all the necessary overtime for one simple reason. I have realized that my old retirement plans weren't very realistic. Basically, I will need money. I have no idea where or when that retirement will take place, but in the meantime, I need to save up as much as I can.

My second project for 2019 involves de-cluttering our apartment. Just as I've said in my previous post, there is too much stuff here and it's time to go through it. I fear it will take a year to go through. Now, I know you probably think that's crazy. I mean, it's an apartment, but life intervenes. We work, we live our life, we have obligations. It will take time. That's why we have problems with completion. We never set aside the right amount of time to get things done. We just want to rush through the unpleasant stuff as fast as we can and that usually means we don't do a good job. 

As to my extracurricular activities like the Ministry, the group, blog and YouTube channel. I just want to progress it as far as I can. We always want to move forward and never backwards. The only thing I would like to add is that we meet occasionally for the Ministry. Maybe not every month, but once in a while go to the movies together or go on a picnic. Something like that would be nice, because I think the ladies would like to meet up just not every month. 

I would love to hear what types of goals or resolutions all of you are making for the coming year.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...