Thursday, November 29, 2018

First Tracking Snow!

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


He who plants a tree
Plants a hope.
Rootlets up through fibers blindly grope,
Leaves unfold unto horizons free.
So man's life must climb
From the clods of time
Unto heavens sublime.
Canst thou prophesy, 
thou little tree,
What the glory of the boughs shall be?


I've always loved a good Winter scene. In fact, that's exactly how I envisioned my retirement to be. Or at least, the first Winter.

Yesterday, we had our very first tracking snow. Emily and I have been waiting for one, because of an old wive's tale. For the last two years we have been following this tale to see how much snow we would have during Winter. So how do you tell? What date did the first tracking snow fall on? Since it fell on the 25th that means 25 snow falls this Winter. Sounds like a lot, right? Well, we will see what happens.

When we got up that morning, I really had no idea of just how bad it was. Emily had to work and I simply went out to warm up the car. I couldn't even get inside my car, because the keyhole froze and so did the entire door. My scraper, de-icer and other things needed were all inside the car as well. 

Back in the house to get the handy broom and dustpin. Laid the dustpin on top of the car and a huge gust of wind blew it away. I searched for that darn dustpin everywhere. I mean, we all need a dustpin! Went back inside the house for a butter knife and proceeded to chip away at the ice around my door. It worked. It also helped that I unlocked the door!

Finally, the car was defrosted and somewhat de-iced. Started out to work. I don't know how many traffic signals weren't working and still aren't working to this day. Apparently, many people lost power, but we were the lucky ones. Cable still hasn't been restored. It wasn't even a humongous storm, but it was the freezing rain that done us in. In the end, God is God and nothing gets done unless He says so.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...