Thursday, November 1, 2018

An Update Of An Update Of An Update

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                     everyday is a journey.



I sometimes feel the thread of life is slender,
  And soon with me the labor will be wrought;
  Then grows my heart to other hearts more tender.
    The time is short.
D. M. CRAIK.

So today, I finally got my flu shot. I've been so busy that I almost forgot and the last time that happened, I became sick that year.. . . twice. Didn't want to miss it and be sorry for it later. For me, it's free due to the insurance I have. It just involves a bit of my time in filling out forms and driving over to my nearest Wagreen's Store. That's it.

As to what has been going on around our building, it's been a bit different. The new neighbors upstairs have been pretty quiet even though on the first weekend here, they were the opposite. So far, it's been okay. They are loud people, but I can live with that level of noise. Although, the neighbor below me can hear them and they are above me, not her. Crazy, isn't it?

I do want to ask you guys a what would you do type of question. I went downstairs to do my laundry and found both washer/dryer occupied with a bag full of detergent supplies. Okay, I decided to come back later. Did so and found the exact same scene. Decided to just leave my laundry for the next day.

 Next day came, the same scene again like someone never touched it, but left it. It's been over a day now. I went to work and came back to find it still there. The following day, I was busy and had no time for laundry. That night, I came home and noticed the exact same scene. Who forgets their laundry for over 2 1/2 days? It is like 11 p.m., but I notice my new neighbors are up ( as always). 

It had to be them. My two down below kept checking the laundry situation just as I was. Allison has all her laundry sent to dry cleaning. The young man upstairs I have met three times in two years. We call him the invisible man. I decide to go upstairs and ring their doorbell, asking politely if this was their laundry. I ring the doorbell in the front, nothing. I knock in the front, nothing. I hear them and besides, all the lights are on. I ring the doorbell in the back, nothing. The same with the knock in the back. In fact, all movement upstairs ceases. 

The next morning, I get up and take their laundry out of the washer/dryer to stack on the side. I do my laundry. My question: What would you have done? When I asked this question at my work lunch table, they gave me different versions. It seems that I was very patient compared to them. 

On a lighter, but more serious note. I do have an announcement to make come Friday, so please check in. This way, you will be informed of what is what around here. For now, have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...