Friday, November 23, 2018

Prepping For The Winter

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.





Thy home is with the humble, Lord!
    The simple are Thy rest;
  Thy lodging is in childlike hearts;
    Thou makest there Thy nest.
F. W. FABER.

Every Fall, we sit down and make a list for what we need for the upcoming Winter. We prep in every way possible. This year it seems that the cold has come pretty early. I am not really ready to prep. I'm even wondering if I should. 

There has been so much going on that time is very precious and in short supply. Plus, I feel we are already busting at the seams with stuff. There's stuff everywhere, I walk into the pantry and things keep falling down on top of me from every direction. The shelves in the living room are busting out from books and knickknacks laying around on top of each other. Everywhere one looks, there just too much stuff. The closets, the shelves, the cabinets, everything! 

I cannot breathe or rest easy when there is clutter. I feel like my life is a mess just like these corners of our apartment. Where did this stuff come from? Lord, I feel we acquired even more stuff since moving here two years ago. It's true what they say, the more room you have, the more you fill it with stuff. 

So we will not be prepping for Winter this year. Instead, the goal is to de-clutter in every way possible.It's not something that can be done in a weekend. It will take time and I have made it a 2019 goal. That's the only prepping I have done is make a list of goals for 2019. More on that later. For now, I have to figure out where to start. Sometimes, the best thing to do is start from the beginning so into the living room we go. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...