Saturday, March 31, 2018

A Women's Breakfast

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


No action, whether foul or fair,
Is ever done, but it carves somewhere
A record, written by fingers ghostly,
As a blessing or a curse, and mostly
In the greater weakness or greater strength
Of the acts which follow it.
--Henry W. Longfellow.

It's been over a year since we have moved here. Our Church is considered very, very large part of a mega Church campus in various locations. I have been complaining over the years about not being able to enjoy the full benefits of a Church since many of the activities occur while I'm at work. 

Well, I have found a Church that offers many of such activities on a Saturday or in the weekday mornings. Since I have done so much complaining in the past, I feel like I should go to as many I can during my time frame. 

So I go to the Women's Breakfast every month, sometimes alone and sometimes with my mom or my girlfriend. I've begun connecting with some of these women. I know them on sight and they know me. 

Unfortunately, there is one problem. The breakfast falls on the same Saturday of the month that I meet with my Crocheting ladies. I have tried several times to incorporate the two together by inviting the ladies to the Breakfast. I honestly thought it would be a very interesting gathering for all of us. None of them showed for various reasons even though they showed initial interest. 

In the end, I opted to compromise and alternate between the two by meeting with the ladies every two months. This way, one month I'm able to go to my Women's Breakfast and the other month, with the ladies from my Ministry. I thought it would be a good decision so no one misses out on anything. Of course, they are always welcome to come to the Breakfast. April will be the month for the Ministry, so I won't be available for the breakfast.

Sometimes, we have to make things work by trying to show compromise and please everyone involved. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...