Monday, March 12, 2018

A Lost Find

                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



The morning drum-call on my eager ear
Thrills unforgotten yet! the morning dew
Lies yet undried along my field of noon.
But now I pause a while in what I do,
And count the bell, and tremble lest I hear
(My work untrimmed) the sunset gun too soon.
--Robert Louis Stevenson.

Here's another story I never posted. This one began way in 2015 when my last bout with cancer was detected. They decided to place me on this hormone treatment in the hopes it would do the trick. It did, for about 7 months. I could never actually get used to thinking that a little pill would be able to fight this cancer. What resulted after the seven months was the surgery, chemo and radiation that eventually placed me in remission today. I hope you enjoy.


It's been almost two weeks since I began this hormone treatment so a visit to my oncologist was made to see how my body was responding to it. I wasn't too pleased having to get up early, traveling the distance, spending my entire morning at the clinic and having to go into work for the rest of the day. It was definitely going to be a very, very long day.

First off, whenever my regular routine is interrupted, my mood swings downward. I need my coffee. I need a few minutes of alone time to gather my thoughts for the day. Arriving in the last minutes before work is not something I care to do either. I have a daily routine and I've gotten very acclimated to it. Interruptions of this routine is not advised for my body to work properly.

Having been on this pill for a few weeks, I expected to see some sort of side effect. The problem is that the side effects I have had are nothing like the ones I had in chemo. These are minor and barely noticeable. What are they? Well, hair began growing in places it has no business growing like my upper lip. My mood swings come and go. Apparently, I'm also glowing. Who knew?

I just can't believe this tiny pill is fighting cancer. I don't even consider this treatment. If that's all I have to do for the rest of my life, hey, no problem.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...