Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Books Galore


                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                       everyday is a journey.



And oft, when in my heart was heard

  Thy timely mandate, I deferred

  The task, in smoother walks to stray;

  But thee I now would serve more strictly, if I may.

W. WORDSWORTH


1. A Case For Christ
By: Lee Strobel
Now, I looked forward to reading this one, because the author was an atheist. His point of the book was to disprove the existence of Christ. Instead, he accepted Christ as his Savior. This book reads like a textbook, almost like a debate. I was looking for a more personal experience, I wanted to read about his inner struggle and he instead wrote about scholarly facts proving Christ existence. If you are looking for the personal side, rent the movie which shows that struggle. If you want to read about the facts in proving Christ, read the book.

2. Why Her
By: Nicki Koziarz
This is my second book by Nicki and I was extremely looking forward to it. For some reason, she reminds me of my daughter-in-law Aubs. Maybe, that's why I love her person so much. This books deals with our need of comparing ourselves to others, questioning why them and not me. Why do other people get what I want, but don't have. Very interesting and true to our characters.

3. The Self Sufficient Life And How To Live It
By: John Seymour
This book is the complete guide to basic living. If you are interested in a self sufficient lifestyle, back to nature or off grid living, this is the book for you. This book is huge! I mean, at least a 9x12 or larger, a hardcover. It has everything in it from layouts of gardens, farms to how to milk a cow. A lot of families out there are moving back to rural countries and building a home on raw land. Awesome book with tons of information. 

4. One Man's Wilderness
By: John Branson
These are the journals of Richard L. Proenneke. I have been waiting on this one for a very long time. This is another large book like War and Peace. It deals with a man who decided to go live in the Alaska wilderness all by himself going back to nature. I wanted to read this not only because I love anything to do with self sufficiency, but I wanted to know what it was like to be completely alone. I always claim how I'm looking forward to living alone one day, but truth is, can I? Another awesome read.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...