Saturday, March 17, 2018

Another Book

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


Some murmur if their sky is clear,
And wholly bright to view,
If one small speck of dark appear
In their great heaven of blue:
And some with thankful love are filled,
If but one streak of light,
One ray of God's good mercy, gild
The darkness of their night.
R. C. TRENCH.

Nowadays, I find myself reading a book while waiting on an appointment or during lunch at work. In this busy lifestyle that we all lead, it's becoming more difficult to justify a day spent on the couch reading. We always feel like we need to be productive and anytime spent being still has become a dream we can only think about. I actually have a visualization of my retirement years spent in a lounge chair reading a book in the sunshine with a cup of coffee. The problem is that I have given up coffee. :)

1. The Quest
By: Beth Moore
I originally heard Beth teach on this subject at the Joyce Meyer's Conference in St. Louis. This book is the continuation of that teaching. It deals with our personal relationship with Jesus so we can determine what our quest with Him is all about. You can go onto her website and get an audio addition to her books for a small fee. This is quite common nowadays among Christian authors, although not all of them charge a fee for it. YouTube has quite a few of these free of charge. 

2. I Am Loved
By: Wendy Blight
This is the second book I have read by this author. This book is about the love God has for us and how we need to stop looking at the world by fixing our eyes on Jesus' scriptures. All the answers we need are there for us if we just seek them. This is just a sweet reminder of how easily we could turn away from our faith. I am loved by the almighty and I need to remember that by making a decision everyday whether I want to follow Him in obedience or not. 

3. Never Let Go
By: Sherryl Woods
It's been awhile since I've read a fictional book, let alone a love story of sorts. Yet, this book is so much more than that. It can be a hard read since it involves child abuse, a doctor and a psychologist. It will tug at your heart strings, especially if you are like me and abhor anything that involves cruelty to children. It's fictional, yet very much a reality out there. Really loved this book and it's characters.

I hope you will give some of these a try. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...