Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Morning After

                                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



O gentlemen! the time is short;
To spend that shortness basely were too long,
If life did ride upon a dial's point,
Still ending at the arrival of an hour.
--William Shakespeare.


We all wake up the next morning with feelings of the night before still fresh in our mind. If we didn't sleep well, memories of tossing and turning burn fresh in our minds. It all depends if they were happy or frightening thoughts. Then there are the awful nights before where we practically went to bed crying, looking for strength.

They say that everything looks better and clearer the next morning. I think they're right. I can't even count the many times I went to bed so distraught with things and when I awakened the next morning everything seemed a little better. Or at least, I came to accept whatever fate was before me. I could endure. I would persevere. I would be still.

That's the thing, you know. We need to be able to discern when to finally be still. Whenever there is a struggle, a trial, we want to be doing something. We feel that we need to be solving issues all the time. I have this problem. I'm always the one that wants to take action, sort of nip it in the bud right away. Well, some things can't be nipped in the bud. . . . right away. Sometimes, we have to wait and endure. 

That's the hard part for me. The waiting. The being still and allowing Him to take control. Yet, I have to remind myself hourly sometimes that it's His will not mine. His will. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...