Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Quiet Day

                                                                    Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                    everyday is a journey.


When ranting round in pleasure's ring
Religion may be blinded:
Or if she gie a random sting,
It may be little minded:
But when on life we're Tempest-driv'n--
A conscience but a canker,
A correspondence fixed wi' Heav'n,
Is sure a noble anchor.
--Robert Burns

I slept in this morning, not wanting to get up. I turned over on my side quite often, snoozing a little bit longer. There was no sun streaming through my window. Instead, the skies looked overcast, donning a gloomy appearance to the day.

As I lay there, enjoying the stillness of the morning, I thought about the day and what it would entail. It really was a blank page where I could write whatever I wanted on it. When was the last time I had a day like that? I couldn't even remember.

To me, that's how I picture retirement. I can see myself planning out my days without the stress that I endure now. In my own mind, I picture myself living a stress free lifestyle and devoting myself completely to all my ministries. Yet, I acknowledge that this might not be a reality, but more of a fantasy of my own making. 

When I finally emerged from beneath the covers it was almost 10 a.m. and believe me, that is pretty late for me. I had this deep desire to write and only write. It's been a long time since I felt such a need. Ever since my schedule filled up with the Crocheting Ministry and The Chronic Illness Group, my writing has gone to the wayside. I felt it lacked luster, depth and purpose. I needed to rectify this as soon as possible.

It's so easy to set aside things that once have meant so much to us all because of time limits. We are then forced to choose which are more important at that time. We have to make painful decisions, because we don't know how to manage our time better. I only have myself to blame for this, no one else. 

So today, it's all about my writing. A nice and quiet day spent lost in my own world. What could be lovelier?

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...