Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Pleasant Surprise

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                      everyday is a journey.


A patient, a victorious mind,
That life and all things casts behind,
Springs forth obedient to Thy call;
A heart that no desire can move,
But still to adore, believe, and love,
Give me, my Lord, my Life, my All.
P. GERHARDT.

Opening my daily messages, I was pleasantly surprised to see one from a new friend I've recently met. I was indeed happy since our knowledge of each other was so brand new to discover that she thought of me. She included me (tagged) along with many of the matriarchs of my current Church. Since I was fairly new, I didn't think anyone knew of me there yet.

That Church ended up being one of my favorites. It was a small one, but the warmth and love I felt there has stayed with me to this day. Even now, I still keep in contact with the Pastor and his wife.

What is it that makes one feel welcomed and loved in their Church? A feeling of acceptance and community. We often hear of that word all the time---community, but what does that really mean? Do we even experience it? I believe it is very rare to feel that as a newcomer into a Church. If people remember my name and try to include me in activities including the Church, I feel that community. 

That is my hope, you know. One day, I will retire in a community where I will spend a good majority of my reclining years. It's there that I hope to find a Church community like the one I've experienced during this time. Won't that be a pleasant surprise?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...