Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Retreat

                                                                Everyday is a brand new day,.
                                                                everyday is a journey.



Not so in haste, my heart!
Have faith in God and wait;
Although he linger long,
He never comes too late.
Until he cometh, rest,
Nor grudge the hours that roll;
The feet that wait for God
Are soonest at the goal;
Are soonest at the goal
That is not gained by speed;
Then hold thee still, my heart,
For I shall wait his lead.
--Bayard Taylor.

It started pretty early in the morning (8 a.m.). Every hour, every minute was scheduled accordingly, but I like it that way. I need structure, I thrive on structure. 


Retreat Schedule
8:00 – Doors Open/Check-In
8:15 – Breakfast
8:45 – Doors Open to the Auditorium
9:00 – Session 1
10:00 – Snack/Small Group 1
11:00 – Session 2
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Breakout Session
2:15 – Snack
2:30 – Small Group 2 
3:30 – Session 3
4:30 – Retreat Close

The breakfast, the snacks and the lunch were simply delicious and considerate of everyone's dietary needs. The same goes for the organizational skills in the operation of this retreat. Things went smoothly. 

My small group leader and participants were wonderful. We all connected and there wasn't a moment where I felt inferior to the group or not respected. I belonged! In fact, I look forward into running into these ladies once again in the future. 

So who was our speaker and what was the topic? We had Vivian Mabuni, Author of "Warrior In Pink: A Story of Cancer, Community, and the God Who Comforts" released in April of 2014. She is also a writer for SheReadsTruth and speaker for IF:Gathering. The Topic was Finding Joy in Adversity. 

Highlights from the Retreat:
A. God takes no pleasure in our pain. 
B. God's power/strength/qualities are braided together into a rope that can pull us up when we are down.
C. Do you know who you are in God, do you know God and do you know God's plan for you?
D. There is no right way to go through adversity.
E. God continually prunes us so we can reap even better and more fruit.
F. We went through fire and water yet you brought us out into a place of abundance.
G. We need to allow people in so we can gift others with the gift of presence.
H. There are lessons learned that can only happen through excessive pruning.
I. The same woman who started the race is not the same woman who finished that race.

I have to be honest here that I thoroughly enjoyed this retreat. Although, I was absolutely drained mentally and physically. I couldn't wait to get home and take a nap. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...