Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Brand New Look



                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.




To be the thing we seem,
To do the thing we deem
Enjoined by duty;
To walk in faith, nor dream
Of questioning God's scheme
Of truth and beauty.
ANON.


Getting ready for work this morning, I looked disgustedly at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hair lay limply, badly in need of a haircut or at least some body. My shirt that I have worn thousands of times, beginning to look frail at the edges. Same ole look, same ole clothes. I have had this look for years, not really opting for something new or modern. Even my glasses have been the same color and design.

I think I need a brand new look. We can change our hairstyle, buy new clothes and put on a new color lipstick. We may not really look different, but we certainly will feel different on the inside. Sometimes, that's all we really need, we need to feel like we're different.

Sometimes, I think we're searching to get out of the mundane everyday little things and we see nothing, but dullness in our lives. For me, it seems that every time the Seasons change so does my routine or the layout in my room. I'll change my curtains, put on a new tablecloth and clean out the closets. I feel better.

No one really changes their appearance drastically. It's always something minor and yet, that one little thing changes everything on the inside. Something to boost our confidence, to provide us with a fresh outlook on our ordinary. It is that need we have on the inside to constantly keep wanting more and more. It came from the time of Moses and the Israelites where they were never satisfied with what they had. 

We will be happy and satisfied for a short time and then the Season changes once again. We look in the mirror and grimace in disgust, Same hair, same look. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...