Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Ten Questions

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                         everyday is a journey.




Grave on thy heart each past "red-letter day"!
  Forget not all the sunshine of the way
  By which the Lord hath led thee; answered prayers,
  And joys unasked, strange blessings, lifted cares,
  Grand promise-echoes! Thus thy life shall be
  One record of His love and faithfulness to thee.
F. R. HAVERGAL.

I often see a question and answer sort of game on social media that many of us love to participate in. Although they are very popular, I don't join in.  I found the above list and just for the heck of it, decided to answer them. I found myself answering each one based on one event in my life in 2016. 

Almost to every question, except one, I've answered radiation. That time really was a pivotal moment in my life in both good ways and bad.

1. What went well this past year? My treatment went well, much better than what I anticipated.
2. What did not go well? My reaction to radiation or I should say the side effects.
3. What do I want to do the same this year? Stay in remission!
4. What do I want to do differently? Not have the cancer come back and to avoid radiation.
5. When did I feel most in my sweet spot? When radiation was all over and remission set in. 
6. When did I feel the most drained and exhausted? When I went back to work and still had radiation every morning. I would get up at 5 or 5:30 am, go to radiation and head out to work afterwards. 
7.What did I say yes to that I wish I said no to? Radiation, I'm still not convinced that it was worth all that ordeal. 
8. What did I say no to that I wish I said yes to? I regret going back to work. In the end, it wasn't a smart idea, because I felt exhausted.
9. What helped me stay close to God this past year? The fact that I need Him, especially when I'm in treatment.
10. What did He teach me that I want to live out this year? Compassion.

And there you have it, folks. I answered them. 
Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...