Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The New MInistry

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

What am I to accomplish here?
Where am I with God?
Chip Ingram

Deciding how to revamp my Ministry really was more difficult than I or anyone else could have possibly imagined. Everything centered on one detail: location. Would the ladies follow me wherever I went?

In the last three years, I've had all types of ladies come through this Ministry. The young, the old and the in-between. I had quite a few who only wanted to learn how to crochet, some who moved away, some who gave up and some who just stopped coming. Through it all, a couple of them have stayed on loyal and true. Those are the ones that I want to keep and please the most.

Since our move, the question of the Ministry came to mind. We are living farther away from all the ladies. The thought of only having a three hour gathering not very satisfying for anyone willing to come out this way. I've been thinking on how I can make this work better for everyone involved. 

Of course, like all things in life, the answer didn't come easy. Every time, I thought of a new solution that might work, just as quickly it was dismantled. I have learned some things: 1) I will never be able to please everyone. 2) Sometimes, we have to make tough decisions. 3) Nothing lasts forever. So I have come to a decision that for now, we shall be meeting every two months and in a public place until further notice.

I have made that decision based on the fact that I want to start a chronic illness group. I have no idea what that will look like nor how that will happen. All I know is that God has placed it on my heart ever since radiation. I believe there is a great need and I want to fill that need. Please pray for me, because I have no idea how any of this will work. 

I do not see myself dismantling the Crocheting Ministry in any way. This Ministry has brought so much Joy to me and has played a huge part in my healing on this journey. There is always a way, we just have to be open to it.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...