Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Simple Life 2

                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Still may Thy sweet mercy spread
A shady arm above my head,
About my paths; so shall I find
The fair centre of my mind
Thy temple, and those lovely walls
Bright ever with a beam that falls
Fresh from the pure glance of Thine eye,
Lighting to eternity.
R. CRASHAW.

When I first made the decision to live simply, I embraced the lifestyle energetically. I thought I was on the right track to living out the lifestyle meant for me. I also thought I knew all there was to know on that subject. Well, I was wrong.

That fact was made clear to me when we moved before Christmas. Two things stood out right away. One, I have way too much stuff. Two, I like separation of rooms. 

Too Much Stuff. I may have gotten rid of a lot in the past such as clothes, shoes and accessories, but there is so much more. A move will show you things about yourself and how you live. I still have boxes I haven't unpacked yet. Where do I put all these things? Why do I even have them? 

Another thing that worries me greatly is separation of living space. I need to feel that separation of one space to another. This is where I cook, where I sleep, where I bathe, where I live. I need to feel like I'm moving from one place to the next. It may seem silly unless one finds themselves in that situation. I have discovered this very feeling while at home during last Summer in recovery from my treatment. There  were days when I thought I would go crazy within this small apartment. I needed space.

I think the best thing to do is actually go out and check out Tiny Houses and RV's in person to determine whether or not this type of life is for me. Now, you already know that I've toured an RV, but as of yet, not an actual Tiny House. One of my good pals, found a company not too far from here that has a showcase of Tiny Houses. I cannot wait to actually step foot into one. 

The weekend of my grandmother's Memorial Service, I drove behind one on the expressway. It wasn't very big or very impressive. In fact, it was quite ordinary and plain. A little too tiny for me, but I was fascinated. I tried taking a picture, but it was too hard with one hand on the wheel and the other with a camera in tow. Not to mention, I was on the expressway. 

I know two things about myself. One, I won't be able to rest until I check this out for myself. If I don't, there will be that tiny thing called regret forever inside me. Two, I know how I want to live out the remainder of my life. I just hope that I'm able to do it. Who knows, what God's plan for me really could be. It could be different from mine. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...