Thursday, January 19, 2017

Technology

                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I love being able to write my blog posts on a keyboard instead of using long hand in a notebook. I love the comfort and ease of looking up information instantly on anything. I love connecting with others no matter where I am. I love watching movies, T.V. shows and documentaries from any given year at the simple click of a button. 

But . . . . let something go haywire like a storm or an error flashing on the screen, I'm ready to toss the technological gadget out the window. So when it came to the actual move of ours, I cringed. There is nothing more I dreaded than having to transfer all these accounts, wires, cables etc. from one place to another. Calling customer service, waiting on hold and speaking in terminology that is foreign to me with a thick accented foreigner . . . please help me Lord. Let's not forget all the new passwords and user id's. that had to be created, some easy and others not so easy. 

It didn't come as a surprise to find that many mistakes occurred after our move when it came to technology, mostly due to miscommunication. Miscommunication has a lot to answer for in this world. It causes many problems between people. Somehow Emily's name turned into Me Kr and Melani. How? I'm not sure. I thought I was spelling it out and still it happened. This is just one example, but I can say it was easier to make that mistake happen than it has been to rectify it. 

Technology definitely has improved our lives, but it also has created some unwanted problems. It definitely is a love/hate relationship!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...