Monday, January 23, 2017

A Clean Slate

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Sometimes, our heart 
needs a fresh start.
Ann Voskamp

What makes you happy? It's all about the little things, isn't it? Joy comes in small packages and sometimes we just plain miss it. Every new year, we all have this idea we are beginning anew. A new start. A new beginning. A new, clean slate. All of it devised to start a journey of clean, spiritual living. Or at least, we start out that way, but do we really get there?

Here we are at the end of January, a time of a new era upon us. It is Inauguration Week and many are celebrating with HOPE sprung anew in their hearts. The other half are out in demonstration form, saddened by the turn of events. In a Democracy, there are winners and there are losers. I thank God that we still have a choice in the matter.

To me, I'm looking to the future, my heart overflowing with HOPE and Joy. I would do the same whether the President was a Democrat or Republican, for one reason. No matter what the situation I may be facing, I will never lose Hope and I will always look for the Joy. I will not allow the devil to steal it away from me. 

Let's make a conscious effort to look to the little things that bring life to a dull or hurtful day. Satan is having a field day out there during this week with all the negativity out there. That should be enough for us to look for the rainbow. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...