Monday, January 16, 2017

On The Road Again

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

It's been awhile since I took to the road for a trip. I was a little scared in the beginning, but as soon as I jumped on the expressway, it was ready . . set . . go! I love the freedom of an open road, the big beautiful blue sky and a tank full of gas. One can leave all the troubles behind or at least in our minds. 

That's what I did this past weekend, I took to the road and visited my older brother in Wisconsin. You know, when we're having fun, time just flies! We had a blast, but my favorite part (and grateful) was my tour of their RV. There will be pictures, but not today.

Being on the road again brought back so many memories. I used to be afraid of the expressway until a tiny black box was invented going by the name of GPS. Greatest invention ever! I can go anywhere without a thread of fear. If I make a wrong turn, no worries, it quickly redirects you . 

I wish all things in life came with such directions and re-routes whenever we mess up. Can you imagine how wonderful it might be if we are quickly taken off the wrong path in our lives? No messes. No hurts. No lessons learned. 

You did notice that last sentence, right? No lessons learned. Unfortunately, we have to mess up first to actually learn something from the experience. I had plenty of these wrong turns in life. The only difference now happens to be that GPS. I no longer freak out and worry to death about losing my way. It's the same with our spiritual life. God became my GPS in life and even if I lose my way, He'll set me straight onto the right path once again. 

So I'm ready for that road again. Ready for wherever it may take me. You see, I have my GPS with me. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...