Monday, January 9, 2017

A Post About Nothing

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I never saw a moor
I never saw the sea
Yet, I know how a 
heather looks and 
what a wave must be.
 I never spoke with God
nor visited in Heaven.
Yet, certain I am of the 
spot as if the chart 
were given.
Emily Dickinson

Some days, one cannot get anything done no matter how much we may try. It just doesn't happen. We could plan everything, even write it down on the calendar and poof! nothing is accomplished. 

That's exactly what happened this morning. My bed was so warm and comfy that I had no desire to rise from it. I watched as the hand on my clock ticked away announcing each new hour, as I lay snug as a bug in my bed. I almost called in sick to work, because of  all this laziness! It would defeat the whole purpose if I had listened to that voice. My goal has been to save all the vacation days I could and use them during those hot, humid days of Summer. 

When I was younger, I used to think that days like these were really procrastination in disguise. I, no longer feel that is true. I believe it is our bodies'  way of telling us it needs rest. We live in a such a busy world nowadays where we are on the go constantly flitting from one event to another. Our bodies have a hard time keeping up. Or at least, this is true for us older folks.

So I listened and rested. Everything today has been done in slow motion. Why fight it? We need to know when to get up and when to just sit tight. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...