Friday, December 16, 2016

So How's The New Place?

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I stared at the simple text message from Joey. Such an easy question, but the answer was anything but that. I tried to find an even simpler answer, but couldn't. How do I place all of what is going on here in one sentence? It has been challenging, but satisfying.

Our very first weekend here we were faced with some minor, but irksome challenges. The U-haul had a flat tire and we ended up going back to the center to get it replaced. A huge chunk of glass was embedded in the rear tire. Thank heavens, all of that happened before we loaded the truck. Thank heavens, that we finished unloading and returned the truck before the snowstorm. 

The cable was installed and ready as we were moving in, but it quickly went out when the snowstorm hit. The Wi-Fi was fine, but only Emily's computer was up and running, because wireless does not work for a Pc without an Usb. We ran out to buy one for my computer only to discover that Diamond knocked down Emily's monitor in our absence, smashing the screen. I'm not making this up. At that point, I had to remind Emily that she actually loved Diamond. 

At suppertime, we ate out of pie pans since we had no idea where any dishes were kept. When we first started packing weeks ago, we packed very neatly labeling everything, but that quickly changed as the date came closer. We switched from neat to frantic dumping into any kind of container. Alas, now we cannot find anything. I have been looking for nails for days. I know I can go out and buy some cheaply, but this has become a mission. I'm going to find those nails. 

Diamond has been behaving like an orphan without a home, meowing constantly, following Emily around from room to room. Between you and me, I think Emily is ready to send Diamond off to college! 

All in all, we really do love living here. It is so quiet and cozy in our place. It may not be the most luxurious place we ever lived in, but somehow it feels right. I look forward to coming home while I'm at work and often spend time thinking about the place. I also love, love living so close to work! I cannot think why I was so opposed at the beginning. After a long and hard day at work, it's so comforting to be home in 10 to 15 minutes. 

We may have had a rocky start, but I honestly believe it was the right choice. Yesterday, I popped over by my mom's as a mere after thought, surprising her. That's another plus since we only live a few minutes away from one another. Yes, the place may not be that gorgeous, but all the other advantages outweigh everything else.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...