Monday, December 5, 2016

A Raw Process

                             Everyday is a brand new day,
                            everyday is a journey.


We must remember
that spiritual gifts
are divinely empowered
and motivated. We can't 
manufacture God's love
anymore than we can
effectively use our
spiritual gifts in our 
own strength.
Dr. Charles Stanley

What defines a Christian? If you stopped anyone on the street and asked what their Faith was, many would answer Christian. Yet, we know that there are many variations of that word. I often think about the Apostles, especially Paul, and wonder how they ever made it through their lifetime with all the opposition they had to deal with on a regular basis. Did they ever feel defeated? Did they ever feel like no one was listening? 

I know that I have felt that way many times. The weight of the world weighs heavily upon our shoulders. It can bring out the worst in us and it can break our spirit. There are times I cannot wait for our Father to come down from Heaven and other times, I cannot wait to roll up my sleeves and get down to it.

The point is that I have never felt such a deep desire to serve as I do now. The everyday is not enough any longer. I want to be part of the change in the world. I want to make a difference. I find it extremely frustrating when family and friends have a hard time understanding that aspect of my life. To me, there is no ethnic nor cultural divide. I can mingle with the best of them.

Whenever there is a project in the raw process, I can see the finish line. I can see how it can and will look when it's completed. That can be a downfall since not many people see the same. Nor can they understand why I even want to try. Why do some people see the negative in everything? Why can't they see what can be?

Right now, I'm way deep into my next bold step. The process is in a very raw state. It is difficult to see the finished product, but I do see it. I see what it can look like and that's what keeps me going in stressful times. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...