Wednesday, December 28, 2016

It's All In The Little Things

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Grow old along with me! the best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand who saith, a whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!
—Robert Browning.

It's funny how we look forward to the little things that make us truly happy. It doesn't take much, does it? I believe that as we age, we become more attuned to the simple things in life. What brings you Joy? What makes you smile? Content? What do you look forward to everyday?

Every morning as I begin my day, I'm full of wonder to my own reaction to life in general. I feel totally and wantonly content. Now, this feeling is so very fleeting that we need to grab it, hold onto it and enjoy it while we can. It will leave. And come back. Right now, I'm enjoying myself. 

I love our living room! It's large, completely differently arranged than what we had in the past. We use this room as a family more than we've ever done before, even Diamond loves to sit in there. 

We have been sleeping soundly since we have moved here. I think it's because of two important factors: 1) All the stresses of moving are gone. We are settling in a little at a time. 2) Our bedroom/furniture are arranged differently. All the rooms here are reversed from our last place. It's almost as if we have moved across the hall. I'm sure you have heard of how we should move our beds around if we're not sleeping well. I think there's some truth in it. 

I love the fact that work is only 11 minutes away! There is nothing more satisfying after a hard day's work to arrive home lickety split, especially during a bad storm. There were times in the past that my poor feet ached so much, I couldn't wait to get home and take my shoes off.

I love the super hot water every time I turn on the faucet. I can take hot showers or baths. You have no idea what a blessing that has been. 

The best part of my contentment has been how close my mom is to me (a mere 15 minutes). No longer do I have to clear an entire morning to do errands with her. Now I can pop over to do a puzzle or have a cup of coffee. 

It's all in the little things that make us happy. They're so minor, but yet they make so much difference to our attitude and our quality of life. I have no idea how long this feeling will last, but I intend on enjoying myself while it's here. I'm so glad we have done this bold step. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...