Monday, December 12, 2016

Family Of Believers 3


                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Because I spent the strength Thou gavest me
  In struggle which Thou never didst ordain,
  And have but dregs of life to offer Thee--
    O Lord, I do repent.
SARAH WILLIAMS.

Since the part two of the Family Of Believers post, I've been thinking quite a bit on how to improve this problem we all face as a Church family. I wrote about my own experience and beliefs and now it was time for a solution. I made a vow to myself that when we moved and were all settled in, I would carefully select a Church to become a member. Then I would give it my all to be gracious, inviting and courteous to everyone. I would join groups, volunteer and invite people over frequently. I would make a grand effort to treat everyone the same, especially the uninvited.

My first Church as a believer, had this great concept that everyone should give a Church three tries before deciding on whether to join or not. That was exactly what we decided on when the time came to search for a Church after our move. As with everything else in life, we googled the different Churches in our area. That may make you laugh, but it's important to make sure the Church preaches the Word of God. Just because it's called a Church doesn't mean it's a true Church of Christ. 

The size of the Church mattered to us as well for one reason, Emily. I wanted a large congregation Church where she could meet more young adults who live out their lives according to Christ. Young people, nowadays especially, have it pretty rough if they want to stay within God's laws. They need to be around other young people with the same belief system. 

Question: What can I do to make our witness more beautiful?

I asked myself that question, because I felt that in the past I have looked to the Church to provide my spiritual experience and look how that ended? Maybe I should be the one who makes my experience in my local Church more meaningful. I should look to myself and become a fruitful follower of Christ within His Church. I should take that personal experience and engage others inside the Church so we can reflect it into the community. 

I'm very excited with this new chapter of our lives as we move forward deepening our relationship with Christ. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...