Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Health Beat

                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

From time to time, I like to update everyone on the status of my health. Ever since radiation, I've sort of took a couple of months off from doctor visits and tests. I wanted to refresh both physically and mentally. Besides, getting back into the swing of things, held a deeper desire within me rather than staying in touch with the hospital. I wanted my life back s soon as possible. In reality, I just wanted one of my bold steps to come to fruition. What I didn't count on was how long that would take.  

Now that the end of the year is here, I think about was lies ahead of me come January. Back to the old grind of doctor appointments and more tests. All of that becomes old pretty quick, but it's a reality I cannot abuse. I understand the importance of regular checkups in what amounts to preventive care. I may not like it, but I know what needs to be done. 

As to the after effects of my last treatment, I'm slowing realizing how badly my legs/joints become after each bout with cancer. Since the radiation took place in my pelvis area, we can add the ache in my hips as well. The rainy, cold weather as the one we are having now, really aggravate the situation even more. This is nothing new to me. I'm quickly realizing that I need a different kind of exercise regiment than the average person. Aerobics will not cut it here.

One good thing: It seems my menopause is slowly coming to an end. I still have an occasional hot flash, but otherwise, I've had to change my lifestyle. Warmer clothing and an actual blanket at night is needed. It seems I need a whole new wardrobe, since there is a lack of anything long sleeve in my closet. 

Make it two good things: During the radiation, I lost around twenty pounds, which I really needed to do anyway. When the treatment ended, I was worried that the weight would come back. I'm glad to report that so far, I have been able to maintain it. Weight can also put a lot of strain on our knees and joints. I'm hoping to find some regiment to help with the aches and pains. All suggestions are welcomed. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...