Saturday, January 17, 2015

Redefining The Bucket List

Once during one of my bouts with cancer, I made a bucket list. Why not? It was a popular activity at that time. Everyone was making one whether it was a retiree list or a family summer one.
 
Remembering that list now, I can acknowledge that it was pretty lame. I believe I wanted to jump on the band wagon with everyone else without really thinking what exactly I wanted to do. Not giving it much thought, I made a list and forgot about it.
 
If I had to do it all over again, the list would be a lot different.
 
First, I would hop into an RV and travel the fifty states. I would begin in one area and come completely full circle. There would be no time frames or limits. Leisurely and peaceful would be the name of the game. I would sleep whenever I wanted to and drive from one spot to the next without an agenda. I want to see this beautiful country we live in.
 
Secondly, I would take a cabin somewhere on a lake surrounded by tall, luscious trees. A place where the sunsets are as  vividly  colorful as the sunrises. I would sit on a porch with my laptop and write my little heart out. Drink a glass of wine while taking in God's Glory all around me. In the evenings and the in-between times, I would watch all my favorite shows or movies while crocheting.
 
Thirdly, I want a spot all to myself somewhere in our place. It could be a nook or an old back porch. A spot where I can have my bookshelves overflowing, a large table to lay my crafts, a laptop and a comfy chair. Let's not forget the television. My crafty corner hideaway that can be as messy as I want it to be. No one will see. No one will be allowed in there. 

What is your bucket list for 2015? Is it more of the same, year after year? Or have you changed inside and your way of life has taken on a revamp? Whatever it may be, we all need dreams or goals to strive towards.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...