Monday, January 5, 2015

A Cold Monday

One of my favorite shows happens to be Alaska: The Last Frontier. I love that show, because their way of homesteading reminds me of my childhood in Poland.

There are times that I may daydream of living like that one day, but I know it is only a daydream. There is no way that I could handle eight months of below zero temperatures, let alone all the hard work of homesteading.

I have realized that even though I may miss the old ways of doing things, I don't want to work hard labor anymore. I'm not sure if that's the next level of generation gap that I have entered or if simply I'm too lazy.

I'm becoming very self-centered in focusing only on my pleasures, hence my crocheting and writing. Don't bother me about anything else, especially in the wintertime.

I've also noticed that I'm more tired and less active during this season. The days are so much shorter with barely any sunshine, mostly cloudy skies. It is very tempting to call off  work and stay in reclining with my feet up doing nothing, but crocheting or watching old movies as the snow falls.

This is a new year with a new attitude regarding work. From the inside, the outside looks very inviting with snow covered cars, trees and streets. The sun shining brightly signifying late morning, but deep inside we know it's cold out there.

It's Monday and a long week awaits, especially since the Holidays are officially over. It's back to work and already we are mentally searching when the next vacation day will happen.

We groan with disgust as the weather forecast for the week pops up during a news cast. So bundle up, scrape off the ice and snow off our cars, we're heading off to work. A new year begins. Winter is definitely here.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...