Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Celebrating You

Chris Sernel
Go where you are celebrated - not tolerated. If they can't see the real value of you, it's time for a new start.

I actually read the above verse on Facebook on  one of my friends page. I don't even know this person who made this quote, but I love it. In fact, we all love it, but do we have the guts to do something about it?

I believe we all have something in our lives that we wish we could change for the better. We pray about it, dream about it and wish upon a star on it. It is a goal that may seem very far off for majority of us. Someday, someday we will live it.

I know quite a few friends who have packed everything up and gone on to live out there dreams. I'm in awe of these people. How brave! How bold! How I wish I was more like them.

I often think about moving on just as the quote implies. Do I stay or do I go ? That is a question that has been haunting me these past few years. I've finally gave myself a deadline in re-assessing my goals for the future. I believe 2015 will be the year where I make that decision once and for all.

As of now, I am leaning more on one side than the other, because things have not been great. So I keep asking myself, if that is the case, why am I here?

I think that's a great question, but I also have to remind myself not to base decisions when I'm in an emotional state. I want to make the right decision based on sound reasoning, not my own personal feelings. I do understand that things can change drastically from day to day depending on how I feel.

Take two of my friends who have taken the plunge and moved away. One is very happy with her decision, the other wishes she had stayed. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

That alone holds me back from making that move. What if I make a wrong decision? I feel that if this is what I am intended on doing, then everything will fall into place like dominoes.
 
The last thing I want to do is force a decision before one is presented to me from God. Waiting is definitely difficult, especially when it involves something very dear to our hearts.

I have a feeling all of you will be hearing on this subject throughout the year. Poor you.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...