Saturday, January 3, 2015

First Day Back

Going back to work after the Holidays is no fun at all. If anything, it's probably the hardest thing to do, but this is a new year with a new attitude. Unfortunately, my day didn't exactly start well.

The minute I stepped outside my apartment into the parking lot, I noticed one of my tires were pretty low. Remembering I have a can of flat tire fix in the car, I proceeded to attempt in pumping some air, only to discover the can was frozen.

That's okay, plan B.

 Driving very slowly to the gas station around the corner, I pulled into the air/vacuum station. Ended up wasting a whole dollar on the vacuum instead of the air. Yes, really!

After filling up with air, I got into my car, already a little pressed for time. The car wouldn't start! In fact, I had no power of any kind. I began calling everyone I knew that was home. No one answered. Yes, really!

Suddenly, a car pulled up in front of me, wanting to use the air/vacuum station. I motion to him that my vehicle is out of order. He responds with blaring his horn, his hands flaying around wildly in gestures better left unsaid.

Then a miracle occurred. My dashboard lit up! I tried the ignition and praise the Lord, the car roared to life!

Speeding all the way to work, I tried calling someone at work to let them know I'm on my way and could someone please get the staffing ready for my shift?

I lost track of how many mistakes I've made at work, one after another. Technically, it really wasn't such a good night, but somehow, I handled it quite well. During the whole time, I never lost my sense of humor or my sense of self-worth.

We all have bad days and we all make mistakes. We just need to forgive ourselves and move on so tomorrow we can do this all over again.

Keep loving yourself. Keep loving. . . period. Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...