Tuesday, January 13, 2015

An Emotional Time

It certainly has been a very emotionally charged and tiring last few days. My weekend flew by in a flash. The family planned an early surprise 50th birthday party which coincided right in the middle of my Crocheting Ministry Meeting. We went from one event to the next.

I had such a wonderful time at both. It was nice to play catch up conversation wise with many of my family members. Everyone is growing into the next stage of their life quite nicely.

Upon leaving for my party, Emily developed a toothache. Her wisdom tooth has been acting up here and there and we've been postponing the inevitable.

The remainder of the weekend was spent in trying to ease her pain as much as I could. I've tried everything from cloves to onion  and nothing worked. The lowest point came at about 4:20 a.m. where I was awakened by Emily sobbing in her own room.

There is nothing more heart wrenching than watching your own child in pain and there is nothing you can do to ease her pain. I just kept stroking her hair and speaking softly to her, wishing the clock to move faster.

Our dentist saw her immediately upon opening her office. I was so grateful for her tenderness and loving bedside manner. She saw her before a scheduled appointment. It's moments like these that I am grateful for making a wise decision in choosing her as our primary dentist.

By the time we dropped off the prescription at the pharmacists and came home, it was already 11:40 a.m. Not much time left to make her something to eat ( soup ), pick up her prescription, make her comfortable as possible and go to work.

I was so drained both emotionally and physically since there wasn't much of sleeping in the last 48 hours. I couldn't stop yawning, my muscles aching, all I wanted was my bed.

 I haven't done much of anything in the past few days. There has been no writing of any kind due to internet connection and this current situation, let alone anything to do with my Ministry.

Life can really throw us a curve and we have to be able to bounce back as soon as we can. Even though I have so much more to tell you and do, I am grateful for these few  precious moments where I can write.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...