Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I smiled when I re-read this story from Fall of 2011 . I remember this young man very well . I wonder if his disposition has changed at all ?

 My feelings , though  , have not changed regarding my relationships with loved ones . I still have a desire to make friends rather than foes . I have learned that although I may want to bury the hatchet and start over again in peace , others do not  . This is still difficult to accept . 

I have changed . In time of troubles and 

arguments , I basically hyper-ventilate with 

distress , losing sleep . Peace at all costs , my new motto . 



     Every morning I drop Emily off to work  and every morning I run  into this young man who delivers all the baking goods . I irritate this young man .I don't move fast enough for him.I'm in his way . I park in the wrong spot. My very presence seems to send him off into a tirade of slamming car doors and throwing things around ,  waving hand gestures.
     What is he so angry about?What could be so important to generate such anger. I don't know but I felt sorry for him.This anger will eat him alive .
     It seems that a tragedy has to occurr for us to be thankful and appreciative of our family , our friends.....our lives.I know I have changed.Things are just not that important to me anymore.
    Who cares if the guy in front of me cuts me off.Whats the rush? How about the friends that we always say we'll get together with but never find the time.Or a playdate with our own children  because we feel like we need to work all the time.
   I want to find time to do these things.I want to find time for the people in  my life.Let go of past issues that are weighing us down.Arguments with others. Are they really that important? If a tragedy struck your family......believe me these issues wouldn't  even matter

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...