Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday


For this edition of Throwback Thursday , I've reached deep inside for something on a lighter side . People

have been very worried about me since a lot of this material has been difficult to read .


 I do have to remind all of you that during this time , I really had a hard time with cancer coming back . I believed I would die  and the chemo was very unpleasant , too . 


Chemo on television is portrayed in one way , usually with a bald , fragile victim covered with crocheted afghans , throwing up in the bathroom  and smoking a joint to relief the pain . Believe me , there are many different reactions as well as different varieties of chemotherapy .


 So , sit back and enjoy one of my son's favorite story I've ever written . Let me tell you that I still remember this day so clearly in my mind . 


Best Thing I Ever Ate

    The nausea started as I wove in and out of the store aisles.Hoping to get all my shopping done as soon as possible I grabbed items quickly without really looking....one of them was a box of ordinary saltines.
     Starting my car I opened a box of saltines.Popped one into my mouth.Never ...has anything ...tasted ...this good .It hit my stomach in just the right way.I closed my eyes and savored every crunchy bite.I picked up every crumb that fallen onto my lap.I just couldn't get enough of this stuff.My nausea was gone and forgotten.Flipped the ON switch and K-LOVE came on.The sun was shining,music was playing and I was munching  starved for this stuff.
      I felt like a teenager on a joyride.I was in  heaven.Actually heard myself making "mmmmm" comments. Took a swig of my water...perfect..aahhh!!!!.What was so good about this?I know for sure I have eaten better ,lip smacking food.How come nothing ever tasted this good before?
      Then a memory appeared of my first time at Willowcreek Church.I remember the peace I felt.How I looked down at my watch and a whole hour and half had passed and I didn't even notice!!Amazing!!! I understood the "sermon". No way.And I was in no hurry to leave.What was going on people? That was the beginning of the rest of my life.
       There was a seed planted that day in the pit of my stomache. And it grew.Now nothing else satisfies me like that saltine. No amount of bonbons or eclairs could give me the nourishment  that my soul needs.I can't image my life without Christ. HE satisfies my hunger.

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...