Wednesday, January 15, 2020

What Encourages You?

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,everyday is a journey.


Appear I always what I am?
    And am I what I am pretending?
    Know I what way my course is bending?
  And sound my word and thought the same?
ANON.

What are you working on right now? We all have that something that we are dealing with and hoping to get through. What is that thing for you? Have you been carrying it around a long time?

Tomorrow I will turn 55 years old. Believe me when I say, I never thought I would still be here. Cancer has forever changed my life, at times for the worse and at times, for the better. Coming from a family of women that live a very long life (current family member turned 100), the thought that I might not do so shocked me.

When we are young, we do not think about the future. In fact, life doesn't seem to have any consequences. We live our lives with no regrets until we are faced with either an illness or old age.

Reflecting back on the past two decades, I can honestly say, life has been far from boring. In the 2000's, I was searching for something else spiritually, I quit smoking, I developed cancer and I gave my life to Jesus fully. In the 2010's, I faced cancer three more times, found my calling in life in the things I love to do and finally took care of all the things I should have done a long time ago. What do the 2020's have in store for me?

I have been very stressed, anxious about the future. My thinking has taken a dive into the world of negativity. It takes everything I have within me to stay centered and focused on what lies ahead. I listen to podcasts, devotions, I journal, I color and I sing worship songs. Basically, I have enveloped myself in the good Word of God. People have been extremely generous in offering suggestions.

I just have one question for you. What encourages you? What do you do to help you through life? God has been with me always and I hold onto Him dearly, especially now. What do you hold onto? What gives you the strength to get up every morning and face your life? Your daily life? I hope it's Him.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...