Monday, January 6, 2020

Simply Travelling


                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Thou canst calm the troubled mind,
    Thou its dread canst still;
  Teach me to be all resigned
    To my Father's will.
HEINRICH PUCHTA.

When it comes to travelling, I really haven't ventured out into the unknown as many people do. I have done my share, but nothing to rave about. Some people travel annually to their favorite spots whether it may be just a weekend getaway or a week's vacation. My travel experience has been limited to a few destinations, mostly weekend getaways. I like those the best.

Leaving the Country holds no appeal to me, but that doesn't mean that if an opportunity presented itself to go to Holland or England that I wouldn't take it. I would. The appeal for me has always been the United States. I believe we have a beautiful country with glorious National Parks, Mountains, beaches and on and on we can go. 

I have a secret desire to get a van and travel the fifty states. I know, I know. It sounds crazy, right? I am a huge fan of the van dwelling community. Get me a simple white cargo van, place a bed inside, a couple of shelving units or storage cabinets and let's go. I might still do it. 

Otherwise, I don't really travel very far. When I do, I make sure I have all my medications or vitamins with me. Always bring all of your documentation, insurance cards and my port I.D. card. I actually look online to the hotel we will be staying so I can have a general idea if there are any restaurants near by and the type of food they offer. 

Another secret travel desire is to rent a cabin for like a week and lock myself away writing. I would bring my crocheting, some books and any extracurricular activities like journaling. I could soak in the peace and quiet that nature provides. What are some of the places you want to travel to? 

Have a blessed day everyone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...