Friday, January 3, 2020

Word Of The Year

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                 everyday is a journey


Though hearts brood o'er the past, our eyes
With smiling features glisten;
For lo! our day bursts up the skies,
Lean out your souls and listen!
The world is following freedom's way,
And ripening with her sorrow;Take heart!
 Who bears the cross to-day
Shall wear the crown to-morrow.


Resolutions are long gone to a thing of the past. Nowadays, that word has been replaced by other novel ones like goals and word of the year. For some reason, we don't want to place the word resolution into the mix. I think because it has such a bad reputation. We have broken many of our resolutions within days of making them. 

This past year, I actually chose a word for the year aggressive. I wanted to tackle that year's financial goals in a very aggressive way so I could be free of debt. Little did I know that the word would become a motto for me in all areas of my life, not just in the world of finances. 

This year, I am very cautious in choosing my word of the year, just in case the same thing happens. I chose the word relaxation. Now do not get me wrong here. I don't mean to be laying around doing nothing all year. On the contrary, my work schedule will remain the same.

 I want to de-stress as much as possible. I have noticed that my blood pressure rises over the top whenever a little bit of stress comes into focus. I need to change that before it becomes a health issue. Besides, I really don't know how to relax. I multitask all day long. I cannot just sit there and do nothing like converse with others. I want to crochet and converse, you know what I mean? 

This should be pretty interesting, because I will be trying different methods to see of it will help. Also, you never know what the Lord will have in store for me in regards to that word of the year.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...