Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Twelve Cast Ons Pt.1

                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey



Let my soul beneath her load
  Faint not through the o'erwearied flesh;
  Let me hourly drink afresh
  Love and peace from Thee, my God!
C. F. RICHTER



By no means am I an expert crocheter. If anything, I have been a bit sheltered and ignorant when it comes to the world of yarn. I have spent the last 6 1/2 half years crocheting for different charitable organizations. I never looked at yarn in any other way except the price tag. How many blankets can I make with this skeins of yarn? That was my main focus when shopping, to always get the best deal and make that yarn go the extra mile.

The world of YouTube has opened my eyes and heart to many different kinds of crafting that is out there. Knitting, diamond painting, water colors, junk journaling, tatting, embroidery etc. The list is endless. Take your pick and enjoy.

From that point on, I dreamt of having my own home spun yarn, The beautiful hand dyed yarns or any specialty goodness out there. I looked on as crafter after crafter showed off her beautiful craft room with shelves brimming with yarn and supplies. They belonged to yarn clubs, ones I never knew even existed. My eyes were opened and my heart burst with longing.

Probably for the very first time in these six years, I went out and bought yarn with my own money for my own projects. I saved and clipped coupons. I watched for sales and clearances. I waited and slowly filled up my coffers with yarn so I could make all these special projects using special stitches. I would watch tutorials and learn all about the crochet world.

To Be Continued

 Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...