Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Ole Winter Blues

                                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey


What ought to be possible for everyone 
is to arrive at a sort of harmony of life, 
to have definite things that they want to do.... 
The people whom it is hard to fit into any scheme 
of benevolent creation are the vague,
 insignificant,drifting people, 
whose only rooted tendency 
is to do whatever
 is suggested to them.
—Arthur C. Benson.

All over social media, all I see are posts of everyone experiencing the Winter Blues. They call it by different names such as stinkin thinking, down in the dumps, I'm depressed, I'm tired all the time. It all boils down to the same thing . . . Winter Blues.

January has always been the mid Winter month where we are pretty much done with Winter and the lack of Sun. Probably of all the Seasons, Winter is the one where we can't do the entire length and we start complaining. Just think about it. We never complain about Summer never ending or Spring or Fall. It's always Winter that we cannot endure the whole way.

Believe me, I am right there with everyone else. I set the alarm bright and early every single day. It rings, I turn it off and go right back to sleep. It takes every ounce of my being to get up in the morning. I hop into the shower and stay there for a good 30 minutes. It isn't until I get dressed, put on my makeup and have my coffee before I feel energized to get moving. It is the same every day.

I gave up trying to fight it and instead have learned to pamper myself during this time. Oh, I don't mean to go get a facial or a spa treatment. You can if you want to , but I mean something entirely different. On days where I am depleted of all energy, I sit quietly enjoying a book or watching a show. I don't bother filling up my day with a check off list of things to do. There's no point.  I will only disappoint myself and no one needs that.

So just relax and forgive yourself for not being up to par. Things will improve in a day or two. Until then, enjoy the simpler things in life like staring out the window and reflecting on your life . . ..  ten years ago.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...