Thursday, January 9, 2020

A Hodge Podge Of Things

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey





I often wonder why it is that we are not
 all kinder than we are.
 How much the world needs it! 
How easily it is done!
Anon

























            




Our thoughts can really rule over us if we allow them the rite of passage. All week, I have been fighting negativity on all counts. It's like I'm spoiling for a fight. Here I made a vow to lower my stress levels and instead, I'm helping this creature come to life. It never fails when we declare something, that's when the real work truly begins.

Speaking of work, it's a very slow week indeed. Being back after such a long vacation (3 weeks) has really been difficult to get back into the swing of things. Maybe it was a bit too long? I guess the fact that it's not exactly busting with production doesn't help any.

January is that mid Winter month where the blues can easily set in and we don't want to do much at all. Staying in bed, being lethargic, inactive and lack of sunshine all equals depression. I don't think we have been made to work as hard as we do in the Winter. Think back to our ancestors that worked the land for three Seasons, but when Winter came, they basically hibernated. I always want to burrow during these cold Winter days.

It hasn't been much of a Winter with very little snow. It's been more like Spring with temperatures of mid forties and lots of rain. The forecast declared otherwise, but we haven't seen much of the harsh weather they all predicted. Emily keeps saying that it's not over. It can happen anytime.

The hours are passing quickly and yet one feels we have nothing to show for it. That is the time we are in nowadays. I have heard someone call it January Blues. Yup, perfect name for it. I think we all have it.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...