Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Twelve Cast Ons: Pt.2

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                                  everyday is a journey




I cannot feel
  That all is well, 
when darkening clouds conceal
      The shining sun;
      But then, I know
  He lives and loves; and say, 
since it is so,
      Thy will be done.
S. G. BROWNING.



Over the Christmas vacation, I watched one of my favorite channels on YouTube and she threw out this challenge that she does every year. She casts on twelve projects for the upcoming year, one for every month. I thought that maybe I could join in and finally make some items for myself or my loved ones.

I decided to be bold and cast on projects I have always wanted to make, but felt inadequate. Why not? It was definitely worth a try. Here are my twelve cast on projects.



  1. Poncho using Caron Latte Cakes in elderberry, wine berry and rose scented in the herringbone stitch. 
  2. Lacy scarf using red heart scuba ombre in the spattered stitch (finished).
  3. Rectangular Shawl in the red heart teal ombre in the vintage ripple stitch. 
  4. A wide headband in the ribbed stitch in caron simply soft black.
  5. Easy crochet cowl/shawl in red heart amethyst.FAILED. Did not come out correctly. Made a ribbed cowl using red heart amethyst instead (finished).
  6. Super star blanket using craftsmart lite grey and variegated grey/brown/ivory blend.
  7. Mandela blanket. Part 1 involves the colors eggshell, sea coral, lt. grey, rich orchid combo.
  8. Lacy shawl/,an,ade paradise shawl design using red heart scuba ombre.
  9. Ribbed cowl using caron simply soft in the color black.
  10. Anyway the wind blows infinity scarf in the burgundy color using the front post double crochet, back post double crochet stitch (finished).
  11. Bright blocks blanket using the colors red, yellow, blue, apricot, green, pink and cream.
  12. Back post double crochet, front post double crochet blanket using the colors beige, black and medium grey in a stripe pattern. 
Well, here we are. I did finish three of the projects and passed on the goods to their owners. One I had to scratch and do something else, because I totally messed up. Otherwise, I am very happy with my list and how they have turned out thus far. I will keep you posted on the rest of the items as they are finished. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...