Thursday, June 28, 2018

Keeping The Faith

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.






Lord, be Thou near and cheer my lonely way;
With Thy sweet peace my aching bosom fill;
Scatter my cares and fears; my griefs allay,
And be it mine each day
To love and please Thee still.
P. CORNEILLE.


When you least expect it, the Lord comes calling, especially when you have been living in the darkness these past few months. He's been so silent and now He calls you. There are good times and there are bad times. We go through both at one time or another. We've been going through some not so friendly moments with things not going in our favor. Yet, we persevere by keeping the faith and by moving on even if it is a slow process. Step by step, inch by inch we will get there. 

Yet, not all of us come through the fire with our faith in tact. Some of us actually abandon it. I've always wondered why. How could it be that some walk away from God while others grow stronger in the faith? They stop going to Church or their Bible study group. They slowly begin to walk away from their Christian environment.

I can remember many times when things have gone sour. We all can relate to troubles, because none of us are exempt from them. There was one incident where my Pastor's wife told me to go home and spend the day immersed in the Word of God. She was right. It's so easy to do just the opposite without really being aware of it. 

As things begin to crumble, I have learned to be real still, because I know I have no control here at all. I am at the mercy of the Almighty and He can do whatever He wants, because of who He is. We have forgotten how to show reverence to God. He is Holy and we are not. So we're keeping the Faith. Silent. Still. Reflective. Faithful.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...