Friday, June 22, 2018

Packing It Up

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                     everyday is a journey.





Is thy cruse of comfort wasting?
    Rise and share it with another,
  And through all the years of famine,
    It shall serve thee and thy brother.
  Is thy burden hard and heavy?
    Do thy steps drag heavily?
  Help to bear thy brother's burden;
    God will bear both it and thee.
ELIZABETH CHARLES.


It's always the same, I stack up the crochet goods all around me in my bedroom until I can't breathe due to the lack of room. Then it's time to pack it all up for delivery. If it isn't my room that's overflowing with boxes, then it's the car. 

There is something extra special about these deliveries. One of the four will be the Ministry's 100th delivery since we began almost four years ago. Some of you may be wondering why it took so long to get here, but we are a small group. It wasn't always that way. We began with a large number and as the years went, people left for one reason or another. New ones joined and then left. There are only four of us that have been here from year one. 

I am always astounded that we are still here operating on a shoestring yarn budget. Yet, there is so much pleasure in packing these items away in a box sending it to it's destination. My heart swells with joy, simply joy. 

At first, I thought I would be able to deliver only within the community, but we have expanded to different states and even Africa. That's awesome to me to know we are not limited to one spot or location. Recently, a friend went on vacation to Memphis and offered to make a delivery if I had anything available. Are you kidding? Of course! I'm blessed with people's generosity and also with God's grace. Thank you everyone that has made this 100th delivery possible and all those before. Who knows what the future will hold for us.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...