Saturday, June 2, 2018

Simply Laundry

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



For His great love has compassed
Our nature, and our need
We know not; but He knoweth,
And He will bless indeed.
Therefore, O heavenly Father,
Give what is best to me;
And take the wants unanswered,
As offerings made to Thee.
ANON.


Some days are just plain busier than others. The last time I wrote about my laundry situation, it looked like the picture below. Well, add another large hamper overflowing plus two large shopping bags to the mix. Yesterday morning, on my way out for an appointment, the repairman came to fix the machines. Alas, I was very disappointment, because after my appointment I had to go to work and I knew there would be  a mad dash from all my neighbors to finally get our laundry done. 


So like the mad woman that I am, I set the alarm clock for 6 a.m. so I could be first in line to do the first load at 7 a.m. that morning. Selfish all the way, I am. I spent basically the whole morning doing laundry, all six loads until I ran out of quarters. I could have done one more, but the coins ran empty. That's okay, I was pretty tired. 

This isn't my regular routine. Usually, whenever I have a load, in the washer it goes. I don't wait around for a laundry day. Heck no! This took all morning and then some, because all the clothes had to be put away. I don't have time for that!

The older I get, the less I want to do any kind of chores like cleaning or doing laundry. I find myself rushing through it as fast as I can so I can get back to what I love most. 

I find many of my friends and family detesting this chore of laundry the most out of all of them. I can't blame them. Majority of them have small children and we all know what messy little buggers they are! Who could keep up with all that laundry? No one! Not all are lucky to have a laundry facility in their apartment buildings even if it is only one washer and one dryer. Just the thought of dragging all the hampers, bags and cleaning solutions along with your children is a nightmare. I also remember those days. 

So I'm very glad the laundry situation is under control and back on track. Now off to better things in life. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...