Friday, June 15, 2018

The Everyday Routine

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.



Let not ambition mock their useful toil,
Their homely joys, and destiny obscure;
Nor grandeur hear with a disdainful smile
The short and simple annals of the poor.
Nor you, ye proud, impute to those the fault,
If memory o'er their tomb no trophies raise,
Where, through the long-drawn aisle and fretted vault,
The pealing anthem swells the note of praise.
Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark, unfathomed caves of ocean bear;
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air.
--Thomas Gray.



It's funny how our daily routines change with the Seasons of our lives. I've never been able to maintain only one schedule. I would always make one, but it never lasted past the length of an ordinary Season. Some Seasons are harder than others and keeping that daily routine almost impossible.

I've joined another Beth Moore study called David, Seeking A Heart Like His. This one lasts a good eleven weeks, same time and same place as the last one. Let me tell you that even though I love being in a Bible study, I have to push myself to keep this routine going. Everything in me resists and a quiet voice inside of me wants to do something else, like stay home.

Keeping a routine is pretty hard for me. Finding that perfect schedule is something I have long given up on. To do so, I would have to give up something and I love all of my activities. Why should I have to give up any of them? In fact, I've added something new to that list. 

Nowadays, I lay in bed in the wee hours of the rising dawn, pondering the day's events. Should I go to the grocery store today or tomorrow? Perhaps, a load of laundry or a trip to the Post Office? Usually on Sunday, we take a sneak peek at the upcoming week's calendar and plan to do our best in working around it. That's all I can do. 

I have forgiven myself long time ago for not keeping up with my organized schedule. It's okay if I don't post a daily blog or keep up with my Chronic Illness page. Sometimes, my attention may be needed elsewhere like the Crocheting Ministry (this week's busyness). I could be a little more militarian in keeping a tight schedule. 

Life is meant to be lived. The daily routine will be whatever we make it for that day. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...