Saturday, June 23, 2018

What Are You Seeking?

                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




So do not fear, 
for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, 
for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you 
and help you;
 I will uphold you with
 my righteous right hand. 
( Isaiah 41:10)

How far would you travel to find what you seek?
Beth Moore


I think that depends on where I am going. Am I going alone or with someone? What am I going to gain or lose? Honestly, I think people would go to the ends of the earth to find what they are looking for. Just thinking of my retirement plan . . . I would go far.

I find that we are a people who are always searching for something. We have a deep thirst inside of us for the much more than just what we are experiencing right now. We always want more, much more.

Hope and dreams keep alive our passions so we can keep moving forward. No one wants to hear that their dream is an impossibility. I think that all of us have been disappointed too much in life and we are searching for something or someone to offer solace away from the pain. 

I have been seeking all of my life. What that something was, differed from time to time depending on the stage I was in. I believe we are never done seeking whether that is knowledge, spirituality, love, friendships etc. The list is endless. 

What are you seeking? Perhaps, you have no idea what you should be doing. Or where you should go. All you know is that there is a hole, an emptiness and you have no idea on how to fill it. 

Many years ago, a good friend of mine was going through that very thing. She felt as if she couldn't breathe, because of the emptiness in her life. One night, while everyone slept, she ran out into the silent street and cried out to the Heaven above. God help me! 

I'm so glad she found what she was seeking, because we found each other. She became a great mentor, but most of all, she baptized me. What are you seeking, my friend?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...