Sunday, June 3, 2018

A Heart For Him

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey. 





And oft, when in my heart was heard
  Thy timely mandate, I deferred
  The task, in smoother walks to stray;
  But thee I now would serve more strictly, if I may.
W. WORDSWORTH

It was a beautiful morning, one we had wished for a long time. It was filled with sunshine and clear skies. A beautiful day to begin a new Bible study. I've said a hundred times before, I love Bible study! We women need other women in our lives.


Of all the Bible studies I have done, I believe that Beth Moore takes the crown for being one of my favorites. As much as I moan and groan at all the homework her studies have, I am glad for it. Her belief lies in the homework being the link in our learning. I believe she is right. We all can sit and listen, but when one digs in deeply by reading and looking up scriptures, you will remember all that knowledge.

Now, I have heard many messages from various Preachers on David. I forgotten to mention the study is on David, Seeking a Heart For Him. One would think I have learned all that I can on that subject, but that's not true. Someone said once that we can read stories or watch the same movie several times and get a different perspective each time. It's true, you know. Isn't that the whole point of a Bible study?

There is another good reason for a Bible study, if I don't understand a scripture verse, there is someone who will be able to explain it. I wouldn't have learned if I didn't join others along in this study. The Word of God is available to us whenever we need it for all areas of our life. The women in my group are all at different intervals in their life and I love to see how this particular scripture has affected them. We never come out on the other end the same as we went in. 

I sincerely hope that each one of you joins in some sort of women group to just plain engage with one another. There is great knowledge to be shared, especially if you are an older woman. Just think of a young woman going through some serious things in her life that once you have endured. Imagine all that advice and experience to pass on to someone else. On the flip side, I've learned plenty from the younger generation! Share your life with someone. Share your experiences.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...