Thursday, June 30, 2016

Throwback Thursday

                                   Everyday is a brand new day, 

                                     everyday is a journey.

Here we are at yet another Throwback Thursday in the year 2013 where we take a look and provide an update on where we are now. 

Looking back, I can now see the sequence of events that led up to my Ministry. Back then, I had no idea nor would I have believed  it if I saw the future ahead of time. Who knew that this was to be my future?


As I've said this before, this Crocheting Ministry is truly all God's. He just points the way and I follow. In all these almost three years, I haven't ran out of yarn. He has provided for the supplies and he has provided people to make this happen.

A Surprise Delivery

I have to be honest with all of you. Since my donation of the slippers, I have been in a quandary on whether I should continue making more or should I move on to something else. Believe me, I have been feeling a sense of loss ever since I made that trip to U.I.C. I secretly hoped that I could continue and even started making some more.

Right before Christmas, a package arrived on my doorstep. I certainly wasn't expecting anything in the mail. At first, I thought that my Joe and Aubs. sent me something.

When I saw the return address, I really was surprised. It was from a dear friend I haven't seen in almost two years. The last time was at Aubrey's bridal shower. We have kept in contact with letters, but that's all. Curiosity took over my surprise and suddenly I couldn't wait to open it.

Inside the package, were different colors of yarn. She went to a thrift store with her sister and bought whatever they had in stock. I don't know if I can describe to you how shocked I was. My friend has no e-mail or Facebook. She hasn't ever read my blog, nor has she even used an Atm machine. How did she know about my project?

I sat there, surrounded by all that yarn, racking my brain trying to remember when have I told her. Did I mention it in one of my letters to her? I must have, because how else did she know. Not only that, but she has never expressed an interest in my blog or this project. In fact, we hardly ever mention my cancer.

To me, this package was a revelation from God. Here I have been asking and wondering on what I should do next . . . . . I felt God had answered me. He used an unlikely source, but the message was clear to me. Who knows where this batch will go. I've already made 18 pairs. I will continue to make them as long as God keeps sending me yarn to do so.

Let's see what He has in store for me now. Have a Blessed Week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...